Saturday, June 07, 2008

Sears Suckage

Sears... what a lousy company. I cannot believe the trouble I have had trying to get the mess that is my so called "AC installation" fixed. First is the terror of having some guy cut a huge hole in my apartment wall. He proceeds to drop a steel plate 4 stories down, thank GOD no one got killed. Then he installs the AC, but doesn't tell me that I need a transformer and an electrician to plug in the 220 volt, he just says I'll need an adapter. OK so I bought the wrong one, but he installed it! He could've saved me a lot of trouble, if he had said...hey Lady, this won't plug into the wall. Then he leaves gooey spray foam ALL over my carpet, pieces of wood holding the AC "UP" (Alarming and so ghetto!) and there are gaps in the wall. At first he left it open to the sky, I thought ARE YOU HIGH? Then he gets in his truck, goes to the hardware store and gets some cheap ass spray foam to cover the gaps, but neglects to get the bottom. I can't wait for him to leave, the job sucks and he has told me it's the best he can do... when I find an unopened box of foam and some other things that he neglected to open or use, which might have saved him the trip to the store, since that is what is meant to insulate the AC.
Then EVERY day for a week I am on the phone with the minimum wagers at Sears trying to get someone to come out and fix this mess. I hate Sears, hate them. I will never buy another appliance from them. They hire irresponsible contractors. I still haven't gotten the issue fixed, and have increasingly fewer hopes that it will ever get resolved.
I guess I have to get a handyman (yeah, good luck) and get the thing repaired on my nickel. I wonder if I can sue, or complain to the BBB? AAAUUUGGGGHHH

1 comment:

demondoll said...

Did you get ahold of the branch manager? If so and still no result, send a gormal complaint with pictures to the regional manager with a cc to the BBB. This contractor sounds the pits, and the branch has no business using him. They need to fix you up asap!!!