Monday, June 22, 2009


It has NOT been quiet around here... Before I launch into my regular helping of chat and ego-boo. VONS! Your store at 1st and Atlantic in Long Beach is a SAD MESS!!! The produce is awful, the selection ridiculously small, (or perhaps you are a convenience store when I mistook you for a supermarket?) And you tow people out of your lot in ways that strike me as pure evil. Pride parade? Perfect excuse to tow. Art fest? TOW! Why is the vacancy of your little patch of land SO dang important, you meanies? Oh and I apologize to any crumblie who ate the McDonald Apple Pies we left in the lobby today. We got them by mistake, and I hate to waste food, even REALLY awful food.
This week, in the middle of Caddie/Sibelius HELL, ie. transcription, we got a bit of a break. Unfortunately it was for the bittersweet occasion of T's uncles memorial service.
First however we picked up Aunt and Uncle PandE in San Juan Capistrano where Lionel got to watch the train roll in, and then he pet the bunny-pigs at the petting zoo.
It was in Cuyamaca, in the mountains, at the site of the ruined cabins that stood for 70 years before an idiots flare gun destroyed them. I saw a few people I knew, a few people I should've known and a few people who said, "...and you are...?" As I didn't really know the memorial-ee I made myself room mommy for Lilo and another little girl. They played in an ice chest for the better part of 2 hours, by the end L was so smitten he was flinging himself against her and HURLING her to the ground, all in love. Then when she said he gave her an owie on her knee, he dutifully blew the hurt away with worship in his eyes. Oh, sonny boy.... The girls'l get you EVERY time!
T and I stayed for quite a while chatting and eating. Then we maneuvered Alfie over the VERY rocky and bumpy road to Julien where we were spending the night. L found the closet immediately and demanded his bed be set up inside of it.
The next day we headed for the natural History museum and the Uncles photography exhibit. L was far more interested in the Megatooth shark and the Dinosaurs and spent a good 2 hours exploring paleontology, while we adults chatted. I wanted to go into the Bodyworks exhibit, but it seemed vaguely disrespectful....

No comments: