Friday, September 11, 2009

Back to St. Paul


This time last year we were prepping to go to Minnesota for, "Tales of Two Counties". We are heading back to the Midwest, this time for a new update of, "Caddie Woodlawn" with fancy schmancy Sibelius made piano score.
I can't wait. I LOVED St Paul, and we are spending the first night at the St Paul Hotel, right by Garrison Keillor and the Fitzgerald theatre. I want to move there. Is there really a lot of theatre work in the area? I Imagine it would be hard to break into the pond, but I am getting pretty sick of fiery hot, expensive and boring Southern California. Yes I know, boo-hoo for me. But we could trade our studio apartment for a HOUSE.
I want tea at the hotel, then a perambulation around the town and near the mighty Mississippi. I yearn for a change of pace.
Next we move on to Menomonie, WI the home of the real Caddie. The show is being put on at the Mabel Tainter Theatre and we get to stay at a place called the Pin Cherry Inn.
I love to travel so much. We can't take Lionel this time, but I want to instill in him a love for adventure and the willingness to jump in with both feet.

No comments: