Monday, January 16, 2006

Whoops...


This is from Bunnicula at SCR, I am playing a cat.


New year, new squeaky clean self.
Last blog a bit too embarrassing.. hence twas erased.
I am currently living in Laguna Beach, atop a lovely hillside with views of Catalina. It is very relaxing. A trifle TOO relaxing as I am, at heart, a city girl and get restless easily. Luckily I am working at SCR this spring until May, and am also in training for the SF to LA aids ride with m'boy, so there is really very little time to miss the city hustle and bustle.
To date T and I have ridden over 50 miles together and are trying to make that our weekly goal. It's a blast except for a bit of chaffing on my bottom bit from the seat. Last Saturday we rode with his dad all around Newport beaches back bay. Loverly and nature filled, but also wet and stinky. The pile of clothes that I still have to wash from that ride are smelling more and more like soggy goose every day.
Sunday, In spite of T's throaty illness we went to The Glen Ivy Hot Springs and slathered ourselves in mud and wallowed like two happy hippos. On our way home we stopped at Marukai, a Japanese supermarket and had ramen at a place called "Formerly Tampopo's" It's under new management. We had huge bowls of soup and gyoza and chatted about how great it is to have "exotic" food so easy to find. I am a huge fan of Asian cuisines. Give me Dim Sum, or Pho or Sashimi and I am happy as a Maneki Neko. The best Dim Sum place in the world, by the way, is Ocean Seafood in LA's Chinatown, but get there early or they run out of the good stuff...
Today T is resolved to stay in bed and get better. He still has his tonsils, poor duck, and his is an Achille's throat. I mapped out my driving schedule for next week.... oy as grateful as I am for the steady acting works, school tours are hard, "It's WHAT time for calltime!?" Nothing like dragging yourself out of bed before the sun comes up, slapping on makeup and trying to perform with a modicum of style. Luckily the show is very fun and not too taxing. I play Lola Montez. For 4th graders. Huh. Well, I do get a pet bear....
TTFN

1 comment:

demondoll said...

I remember those calls- we used to cry "Why the butt-crack of dawn?!" OMG I miss Ocean Seafood. There's fine dim sum in Seattle, but I haven't found any at all where I live. Oh, and Glen Ivy... Dang it. I'd best heave my a$$ to the Olympic day spa for a girlie day!